The Advantage System is a mid-level technology solution for snow and ice control that provides the ultimate balance of performance, economy, convenience & safety. The controls are intuitive and extremely easy to operate. The system utilizes a unique communication protocol, which only requires power and ground to communicate between the controls and hydraulics. This two-wire communication system reduces the amount of conductors that are routed between the controls and the hydraulic enclosure.
- Save Salt, Save Money: The Advantage spreader controller can be operated in Manual or Auto Mode. Auto mode spreads material at a specified rate (Lbs. / mile) by referencing the ground speed of the truck.
- Easy Controls: Simple, easy to learn controls reduce distractions and provide "Go, NoGo" feedback instantly. One central control is used for the spreader, cylinder, and pre-wet functions.
- MCN Technology: The system employs Muncie’s Chassis Network which is a two-wire communication system that eliminates the need for wire harnesses between the operator controls and the valve enclosure. Less Wires = More Reliable Performance
- Proportional Joystick: The dual Axis, multi-function joystick provides proportional (feathering) of cylinder functions, which includes applications such as plow, hoist, and wings. The joystick has an integrated safely trigger to prevent unintended activation.
- Easy to Operate Controls: The Advantage controls have been designed to be intuitive and easy for the operator. System settings are configured using the control panel, no laptop required.
- Ergonomic Mounting Solution: The Advantage Control Solution occupies very little space within the cab. Therefore, a driver can position their controls accordingly, and still have room to shift and access controls located on the dash. In addition, the Advantage is mounted to the seat, not the floor.
- Electrical Connectors: The Advantage utilizes Deutsch and Weather Pack connectors to completely seal all electrical terminations. This prevents electrical failures due to corroded wires.
- Rugged Tank Enclosures: Stainless or Powder Coated Enclosures
- Compact Design: One centralized location on the truck houses the hydraulic valves, return line filter, clean out, electrical modules, and more. This makes servicing the system simple and easy.
- Configurable: The Manifold can be configured for either Gear or Piston Pump application
- Optimum Performance: Cartridge valves provide accurate, repeatable performance. They can be serviced in minutes and at a fraction of the cost of a stack valve. Manifolds reduce hose connections and along with cartridge valve choices can greatly reduce operational issues due to contamination.
Installation InstructionsMP2 Advantage ManualTR09-05VIEW
Installation InstructionsMP2 Advantage System DataloggerIN10-02VIEW
Specification SheetMP2 ADVANTAGE SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONSN/AVIEW
BrochureMP2 Advantage SystemsMP08-03VIEW
- All spreader setups are compatible: Tailgate, drop in V-boxes, roll gate, and Muni Bodies. There is no feedback sensor required for consistent spreader operation.
- Spinner Flows at 7 GPM max.
- Auger Flows at 15 GPM max
- Plow lift raises and lowers at 12 GPM. Compatible with Single Acting and Double Acting cylinders. Plow Float available. Left & right crossover relief valves are available.
- Integrated pre-wet controller, compatible with electric and hydraulic applications.
- Up to 21 GPM to raise and 40 GPM to lower. Compatible with Double Acting and Single Acting cylinders.
- Inlet flows at 40 GPM max. Max pressure for the system is 3000 PSI. The system is compatible with gear and piston pumps.
The Muncie Power Products Snow & Ice System (the “System”) is warranted against any defect in material and workmanship which existed at the time of sale by Muncie Power Products, according to the following provisions, subject to the requirements that the System, and component parts thereof, must be used only in accordance with catalogue and package instructions.
With the exception of specific component parts of the System that may have a longer or more extensive warranty, the System, and the components thereof, is warranted for a period of one year from the date of sale. If during the warranty period the System, or a component thereof, fails to operate to Muncie Power Products' specifications due to a defect in any part in material or workmanship that existed at the time of sale by Muncie Power Products, the defective part will be repaired or replaced, at Muncie Power Products' election, at no charge, if the defective part is returned to Muncie Power Products with transportation prepaid.
WARNING: The above warranty shall terminate if any alterations or repairs are made to the System, or a component thereof, other than alterations or repairs made by Muncie Power Products, or if the System is used on any equipment other than the equipment upon which it is first installed.
The foregoing warranty is in lieu of, and Muncie Power Products expressly disclaims, all other obligations and liabilities, including negligence and all warranties of merchantability and suitability, expressed or implied. The foregoing warranty states Muncie Power Products' entire and exclusive liability and buyer's exclusive remedy for any claim of damages in connection with the sale, repair or replacement of the System or its component parts, their design, installation or operation. Muncie Power Products will in no event be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever, and our liability under no circumstances will exceed the contract price for the goods for which liability is claimed.